Cyborg art , also known as cyborgism ,  is an art movement that began in the mid-2000s in Britain .  It is based on the creation and addition of new senses to the body via cybernetic implants  and the creation of art works through new senses.  Cyborg artworks are created by cyborg artists;  artists whose senses have been voluntarily enhanced through cybernetic implants.  Among the early artists shaping the cyborg art movement are Neil Harbisson , whose antenna implant allows him to perceive ultraviolet and infrared colors,  and Moon Ribaswhose implants in her elbows  allow her to feel earthquakes and moonquakes.  Other cyborg artists include Manel Muñoz, a Catalan photographer who has developed a barometric system that allows him to perceive atmospheric pressure changes. 
- Jump up^ Barbato, Massimo (2016-01-19). “The Art of Cybernetic Union – SERIOUS WONDER” . Serious Wonder . Retrieved 2016-01-19 .
- Jump up^ Jeffries, Stuart”Neil Harbisson, the world’s first cyborg artist”, The Guardian , 5 May 2014
- Jump up^ “I Do not Have Artificial Body Parts, I Have Artistic Body Parts” . The Huffington Post . 2015-03-12 . Retrieved 2016-01-19 .
- Jump up^ Else, Liz”Cyborg makes art using seventh sense”,The New Scientist, 29 June 2012
- Jump up^ Alexander, Neta (2015-05-26). “They Dance the Body Electric: Cyborg Artists Land in Central Israel” . Haaretz . Retrieved 2016-01-19 .
- Jump up^ Lee, Jennifer”A Surgical Implant for Seeing Colors Through Sound”,The New York Times, July 2, 2012
- Jump up^ NBC,”Last Call with Carson Daly”, 29 September 2014
- Jump up^ Garcia, Gabriella”The woman who can feel every earthquake in the world”, “Hopes & Fears”, 17 de octubre 2015.
- Jump up^ Davis, Sally. “Encounters with the Posthuman”, Nautilus, April 29, 2013.
- Jump up^ Gabilondo, Pablo”El catalán that goes to implantarse a barometer of predecir el tiempo:” Quiero ser cíborg “,El Confidencial, 13 August 2017