Humanity Plus (also Humanity +, Inc. formally the World Transhumanist Association ) is an international organization that advocates the ethical use of emerging technologies to enhance human capabilities .
In 1998, the World Transhumanist Association (WTA) was founded as a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization by Nick Bostrom and David Pearce .  It began working towards the recognition of transhumanism as a scientific and public policy .
In contrast to the techno-utopianism of Extropy Institute ,  WTA Officials regarded That social force Could Undermine Their futurist visions and needed to be Addressed.  A particular concern is the equal access to human enhancement technologies across classes and borders. 
In 2006, William Saletan reported a political struggle within the transhumanist movement between the libertarian right and the left -wing majority in a more central-leftward positioning of Humanity + under its executive director James Hughes .  
In 1998, the WTA established the Journal of Transhumanism . In 2004, it renamed its journal The Journal of Evolution and Technology and transferred it to the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies and launched a webzine / blog called Transhumanity (webzine) | Transhumanity .
The WTA also held an annual conference called TransVision. Past conferences include:
- TransVision98, June 5-7: Weesp , The Netherlands, Europe
- TransVision99, June 4-6: Stockholm , Sweden, Europe
- TransVisionMM, July 15-16: London , England, Europe
- TransVision01, June 22-24: Berlin , Germany, Europe
- TransVision03, June 27-29: Yale University , USA, North America
- TransVision04, August 6-8: University of Toronto , Canada, North America, with nearly 125 participants including Steve Mann , Robert K. Logan and Robin Hanson .  
- TransVision05, July 22-24: Caracas , Venezuela, South America
- TransVision06, August 17-19: University of Helsinki , Finland, Europe, with a simultaneous virtual online conference. The theme of the conference was Emerging Technologies of Human Enhancement. 
- TransVision07, July 24-26: Chicago , USA, North America. The theme of the conference Transforming Humanity: Innerspace to Outerspace. 
In 2006, the WTA adopted the following programs of activity: 
- Campaign for the Rights of the Person : A campaign to national modify laws and international human rights conventions to suit les (a) That bodily autonomy , reproductive rights , and cognitive liberty shoulds be Explicitly reconnu and protected, (b) That universal access to Enabling Technologies ( Including Such things as education and medicine ) is a right in Itself, and a precondition for all other rights, (c) personhood , sentience , and capacity for HAVING Morally relevant interests are the bases of rights-bearing, not humanness or the human genome.
- Campaign for Longer Better Lives : A campaign for a multinational research program to develop therapies to slow aging .
- Campaign for Future Friendly Culture : A campaign to promote balanced and constructive portrayals of longevity , human enhancement and emerging technologies in popular culture.
In 2008, as part of a rebranding effort, the WTA changed its name to “Humanity +” in order to project a more humane image. 
The objectives of Humanity + are: 
- to support discussion and public awareness of emerging technologies ;
- to defend the right of individuals in free and democratic societies to adopt technologies that expand human capacities ;
- to anticipate and propose solutions for the potential consequences of emerging technologies;
- to actively encourage and support the development of emerging technologies.
Programs and activities
Humanity + have organized a series of conferences. Reviews The most recent Humanity + Was Conference on December 1-2, 2012 at the Seven Hills Conference Center at San Francisco State University , San Francisco , CA .
Humanity + has spawned a host of chapters around the world. In total, there are dozens of formed or forming local groups-one on virtually every continent. A dozen transhumanist groups in the United States , London Futurists in the United Kingdom , Europe , South America , Australia and Asia have also formally affiliated with Humanity +.
Humanity + administers the $ 20,000 Gada Prize, which will be awarded to the team which can design, build and demonstrate a more advanced 3D printer on the basis of RepRap by the end of 2012.
H + Magazine
Shortly after the WTA changed its name to “Humanity +” in 2008,  it launched H + Magazine , a quarterly magazine on transhumanist news and ideas  that it has changed its organization, leadership, and format several times. The magazine produced five issues from 2008 through 2009,  each released as PDF-based digital editions,      and one published in retail stores.  The publisher changed from Humanity + to Betterhumans LLC beginning with the second issue,  with RU Siriusthe editor of all five issues. In 2010, with RU Sirius continuing as editor, the magazine has been transitioned into a web-only publication based on complete issues, and its publisher was switched back to Humanity +.  The website is currently managed by Peter Rothman.  Notable contributors include Michael Moorcock , Rudy Rucker , Woody Evans , John Shirley , James Hughes , and Douglas Rushkoff .
- Nick Bostrom
- David Pearce
- Natasha Vita-More
- George Dvorsky
- Giulio Prisco
- James Hughes
- Mark Alan Walker
- Aubrey from Gray
- Max More
- Ben Goertzel
- Patri Friedman
- RU Sirius
- Martine Rothblatt
- Linda MacDonald Glenn
- Giuseppe Vatinno
- Jump up^ Sutherland, John (2006-05-09). “The ideas interview: Nick Bostrom” . The Guardian .
- Jump up^ Extropy Institute (2006). “Next Steps” . Retrieved 2006-05-05 .
- Jump up^ Hughes, James (2004). Citizen Cyborg : Why Democratic Societies Must Respond to the Redesigned Human of the Future . Westview Press. ISBN 0-8133-4198-1 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Ford, Alyssa (May-June 2005). “Humanity: The Remix” . Utne Magazine . Archived from the original on 13 March 2006 . Retrieved 2007-03-03 .
- Jump up^ Saletan, William (2006-06-04). “Among the Transhumanists” . Slate.com. Archived from the original on 2006-12-31 . Retrieved 2007-03-03 .
- Jump up^ Bailey, Ronald (2004-08-11). “The Transhumans Are Coming!” . Reason Online . Retrieved 2007-03-02 .
- Jump up^ Daly, Bernard (2004-10-25). “Transhumanism” . America : The National Catholic Weekly . 191 (12). Archived from the original on May 10, 2006.
- Jump up^ TransVision 2006 – Emerging Technologies of Human EnhancementArchived2007-12-13 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ www.transvision2007.com
- Jump up^ “Programs of the World Transhumanist Association” . Archived from the original on 2007-02-07.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Blackford, Russell (2008). “WTA changes its image” . Retrieved 2008-11-18 .
- Jump up^ “WTA Constitution and By-Laws” .
- Jump up^ Newitz, Annalee (2008). “Can Futurism Escape the 1990s?” . Retrieved 2008-11-18 .
- Jump up^ “Issues Magazine” . H + Magazine.
- Jump up^ “H + Magazine” (PDF) . Fall 2008.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “H + Magazine” . Spring 2009.
- Jump up^ “H + Magazine” . Summer 2009.
- Jump up^ “H + Magazine” . Fall 2009.
- Jump up^ “H + Magazine” . Winter 2009.
- Jump up^ “Print Issue on Sale Now!” . H + Magazine. September 24, 2009 . Retrieved 2012-11-29 .
- Jump up^ “A new publisher for H + Magazine” . H + Magazine. July 18, 2010 . Retrieved 2012-11-29 .
- Jump up^ “About Us” . H + Magazine . Retrieved 2012-11-29 .