Neuralink is an American neurotechnology company founded by Elon Musk and eight others, reported to be developing implantable brain-computer interfaces (BCIs). The company’s headquarters are in San Francisco ;  It was started in 2016 and first Was Publicly Reported in March 2017.   The trademark “Neuralink” was purchased this icts from previous owners in January 2017. 
Wait But Why reported in April 2017 that Musk said the company aims to make the world a better place in the world, with the eventual goal of human enhancement .    In June 2016, Musk discussed a science fiction concept called ” neural lace ” that is part of the fictional universe in The Culture , a series of novels by Iain Banks .  
- ^ Jump up to:a b Winkler, Rolfe (March 27, 2017). “Elon Musk Launches Neuralink to Connect Brains With Computers” . Wall Street Journal .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Urban, Tim (20 April 2017). “Neuralink and the Brain’s Magical Future” . Wait But Why .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Masunaga, Samantha (21 April 2017). “A quick guide to Elon Musk’s new brain-implant company, Neuralink” . Los Angeles Times .
- Jump up^ Statt, Nick (March 27, 2017). “Elon Musk launches Neuralink, a venture to merge the human brain with AI” . The Verge .
- Jump up^ Meet the Guys Who Sold “Neuralink” to Elon Musk without Even Realizing It, April 4, 2017, MIT Technology Review
- ^ Jump up to:a b Newitz, Annalee (March 27, 2017). “Elon Musk is setting up a company that will link brains and computers” . Ars Technica .
- Jump up^ Cross, Tim (31 March 2017). “The novelist who inspired Elon Musk” . 1843 Magazine.