Sharecare is a health and wellness commitment platform that provides consumers with personalized information, programs and resources to improve their health. It provides personalized information to the site’s users based on their responses to the RealAge Test, the company’s health risk assessment tool, and offers a clinical decision support tool, AskMD. Headquartered in Atlanta, Sharecare was founded in 2010 by Jeff Arnold (founder of WebMD ) and Dr. Mehmet Oz , in partnership with Harpo Studios , and Sony Pictures Television and Discovery Communications .  
Sharecare Began as interactive an issue-and-answer (Q & A) platform about health  And Then expanded icts products and services through internal development and strategic acquisitions of companies Including DailyStrength , dotFit, The Little Blue Book, WisePatient, RealAge , PKC Corporation , BACTS Imaging Solutions, QualityHealth, Feingold Technologies, BioLucid and Healthways .     
Sharecare.com is a social content platform that collects the collective knowledge of vetted medical experts. Much of its content is contributed by organizations like AARP , the American Cancer Society , the American Heart Association , the American Red Cross , the National Academy of Sports Medicine, and medical professionals.  Questions are also answered by medical centers such as the Cleveland Clinic and Johns Hopkins .  The platform allows them to answer questions and engage in conversations about health. 
The RealAge Test is a health risk assessment that determines the biological age of a person’s body based on an online questionnaire about their health status, and good and bad health habits. In January 2014, PLoS ONE published a study Validating the RealAge test as a more accurate predictor of mortality than calendar age and the Framingham Risk Score. 
AskMD, launched in December 2013, is a web-based application, which helps people collect information about symptoms, learn more about causes, and find appropriate physicians. AskMD aims to help consumers get a better overview of their health and safety issues, as they are known and understood, and their answers to the latest clinical research questions. AskMD’s clinical knowledge management system was developed by Sharecare’s acquisition of PKC Corporation, to bring evidence-based medicine to patients and providers, and to enable clinically-informed communications. It was named Best Medical App at the 4th Annual Appy Awards, 
Concerns-have-been raised Regarding the bias of answers we Sharecare.com Provided by “knowledge partners,” or paid sponsors.  Such knowledge partners include (Among Others): Colgate-Palmolive , Pfizer , Unilever ( Doveskin-care products) ; health insurer UnitedHealthcare ; and Walgreens drug stores . In June 2013, the American Dental Association (ADA) withdrew as a knowledge partner in response to an irresponsible attack on the “Dr. Oz Show” on the use of dental amalgam. ADA President Dr. Robert A Faiella summed up the group’s reaction by stating: “As a science-based organization, we should always welcome inquiry, but we should not expect the support of misleading information from the best science.” 
Answers provided by knowledge partners.
Sharecare’s Advisory Board provides Sharecare’s Consumer and Professional Audiences. Their contributions are not limited to the area of content and editorial; they also represent a representative in the field of medical information, advisors, and moderators in each member’s clinical specialty.
Featured Experts and Knowledge Partners
Some of the featured experts and knowledge partners found on Sharecare.com include:
- Dr. Mehmet Oz
- Deepak Chopra
- Arianna Huffington
- Dr. Michael Roizen
- Dr. Dean Ornish
- American Heart Association
- American Diabetes Association
- American Cancer Society
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
- American Red Cross
- Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International
- HealthTap – a mobile health platform with Q&A
- Answers.com – a general Q&A resource
- WebMD – a similar health care information resource
- Jump up^ Elliott, Stuart (2010-10-06). “Web Site to Offer Health Advice, Some of It From Marketers”. New York Times. Retrieved 2011-04-02.
- Jump up^ “Dr. Mehmet Oz and Internet Entrepreneur, Jeff Arnold, Announce Sharecare Inc., a Web 3.0 Platform, Organizing and Answering the Questions of Health”. Bloomberg. November 2, 2009. Retrieved 2011-04-02.
- Jump up^ “Sharecare aims to be humble host for health apps”. MobiHealthNews. 2010-10-21. Retrieved 2011-04-02.
- Jump up^ “Sharecare Announces $14 Million Growth Equity Financing Led by Galen Partners, the Acquisition of The Little Blue Book Physician Reference and Jeff Arnold to be CEO”. Sharecare. 2012-01-17.
- Jump up^ “Sharecare Announces the Acquisition of RealAge”. Sharecare. 2012-03-12.
- Jump up^ “Sharecare Announces the Acquisition of PKC Corporation”. Sharecare. 2012-06-18.
- Jump up^ “Sharecare Announces Acquisition of BACTES”. Sharecare. 2013-07-01.
- Jump up^ “Wellness platform Sharecare to buy health business from Healthways”. Reuters. 2016-07-27.
- Jump up^ Elliott, Stuart (2010-10-06). “Web Site to Offer Health Advice, Some of It From Marketers”. ’’The New York Times’’.
- Jump up^ Moukheiber, Zina (2010-11-16). “Names You Need To Know In 2011: Sharecare”. Forbes.
- Jump up^ “Dr. Mehmet Oz and Jeff Arnold launch Sharecare.com, where experts share their knowledge with consumers”. Health in 30. 2010-10-08. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- Jump up^ “Prediction of Mortality Using On-Line, Self-Reported Health Data: Empirical Test of the Realage Score”. PLOS ONE. 2014-01-17.
- Jump up^ “Sharecare’s AskMD Wins Appy Award for Best Medical App”. VentureBeat. 2014-05-23.
- Jump up^ “Mobile health apps from EHR to diabetes picked as Webby award honorees”. MedCityNews. 2014-04-18.
- Jump up^ Burkitt, Laurie (2009-11-19). “WebMD Founder Matches Marketers With Consumers Who Have Health Concerns”. Forbes.
- Jump up^ Elliott, Stuart (2010-10-06). “Web Site to Offer Health Advice, Some of It From Marketers” . The New York Times.
- Jump up^ Soderland, Kelly (2013-06-10). “ADA and Sharecare part ways” . ADA News.